Heidi's Bloody Fondue
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product is shipped once per week via priority mail. . SHIPPING TO SWITZERLAND ONLY!
Heidi's Bloody Fondue is a traditional Valais style tomato fondue, with a cheese fondue mix made from Swiss cow's milk. Guaranteed lactose-free! In collaboration with Les Compagnos du Caquelon. Produced by Vieux Fromages Sàrl, Muraz VS, Switzerland.
Set contains (per 2 persons):
• 440g of Heidi's Fondue cheese mix
• 200g of Heidi's Fake Blood tomato sauce
What you need in addition (per 2 persons):
• 200 ml white wine
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled and halved
• 250g white bread or 300 g potatoes
Allergy info: Contains gluten.
Tomato fondue is traditionally eaten with potatoes rather than bread.
How to prepare Heidi's Bloody Tomato Fondue
- Rub the fondue pot with the garlic, which you can remove or leave in the pot, according to taste.
- Heat 50 ml of the wine in the pot at medium temperature.
- Once the wine is hot, add 1⁄4 of the fondue mix.
- Stir throughout preparation in a figure of eight or circle with a wooden spatula, making sure that all the cheese around the edge is mixed in.
- When the mixture begins to melt, gradually add the rest of the cheese and wine, stirring them in alternately. When you have worked in 3/4 of the fondue mix, add Heidi's Fake Blood tomato sauce.
- Once the mixture has completely melted, place the pot on a spirit or gel burner.
- Season to taste with pepper, in the pot or on the plates.
Ingredients fondue: Preparation of grated Swiss cheese, hard and semi-hard fat, raw and pasteurized milk, flower flour (4%). Contains wheat (gluten). Packaged in protective atmosphere.
Ingredients tomato sauce (for tomato fondue): Sugar, basil leaves, olive oil, onion, tomatoes, salt, pepper. Packages in a protective atmosphere.